Monday, September 17, 2012

Presidential Election

I do not follow politics. At all.
I would like to say that I watch the news and know what is going on in society but I don't. So I guess this is a good time to do some learning.
Right now current democratic president Barrack Obama and republican candidate Mitt Romney are facing off to be the head of our nation.

In his campaign, Romney criticizes all of Obamas promises, while making many of his own.


Romney talks about a five step plan on creating jobs, wants to make our country energy independent, wants to cut taxes, and ease up on immigration laws. Romneys promises This link not only explains his plans but provides a link to his speech given when he accepted the republican presidential nomination.

I was specifically interested in Romneys five step plan to create jobs and make the country energy independent.
1. Take advantage of American oil, coal, gas and nuclear.
2. Give citizens skills for jobs
3. New trade agreements
4. Cut deficits through businesses
5. Reduce taxes, regulations and healthcare

I love it.
I'm not saying that I am against Obama, or for Romney. I still don't know enough to make that decision, but this all sounds good to me. The only problem is that it is SO vague.

HOW does he plan on doing all of this?...he goes into no detail.
I believe all of his plans will greatly help create jobs in America and I think it is about time we look into creating our own energy. Everyone should love the idea of drilling oil in American reserves.
I think all of America will benefit from his proposals, but I don't know how easily he would be able to follow through with it.
He wants to create new trade agreements but what makes him think that other countries will agree to new trade regulations. They would not benefit from plans to help America so what can he offer them to make them agree?
Mitt Romney: campaign issues

This five step plan is a very vague way of appealing to all Americans. It covers all aspects of American life and how he is going to improve it...who is going to argue with that? Better school systems, cheaper American made products, more jobs, and more successful businesses.
Is it too perfect? Too easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment